Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Life feeling Overwhelming~

In the last five yrs. my depression has gotten worse. I've let so many things I used to do go. I was an organized person. I kept up with the lawn mowing, & weeding flowerbeds & other tasks. I planted flowers & a few tomato plants. Now I can't keep up with yard work, house work, grocery shopping, or laundry & much more. I have so many paper piles to be shredded & filing cabinet full of old statements...ugh! In the last five & a half yrs. I've had my grandchildren living with us off & on or I'm babysitting them. I feel like I'm raising a family all over again. I question myself on how I was able to stay organized & kept up with my duties when I was a young mom. I also worked then to & sometimes two jobs. Maybe it's because I'm in my mid fifties now & I'm tired. My body hurts all the time. I have hip & back pain no matter what I do or don't do. It's really frustrating I can't do the things I used to do. I feel like I can't ever go anywhere due to all the things I need to do, but even if I stay home (which I choose to do a lot) I don't get anything done. 
Now I've got to deal with my aging parents. They need to move to a safer place. Some place like assistant living. They don't want to move. For fifty five yrs. they've lived very isolated lives, so this kinda move will be hard for them. They live in California. Their health is bad. They both fall a lot. My mom has to walk with two canes & should be using a walker. They are 78 & 79.
Because I'm always feeling overwhelmed. I go for drives & ho watch sunsets. I think about the "what life used to be like!" It's hard to see the changes of life. Some are good & some I don't like! I feel like I'm not aging with grace...lol! 
I'm thankful I have my Heavenly Father who carries me in the times when I feel like I can't go on in life. It is his Hope, & his Love that keeps me pressing on in this journey one day at a time...

No comments:

Post a Comment